B Champions Course
*We’re planning on the next cohort in 2023. Register your interest to stay tuned!
Join us to advocate for the B Corp Movement!
The course aims to nurture and empower more B Champions as the advocates of the B Corp Movement, a way to future-proof businesses by pursuing both profit and purpose. If you care about the sustainable future of our economic system, this course is for you.
What is B Corp Movement?
With our B Champions course, you will be able to:
- Acquire rich insights and leverage B Corp framework to improve companies’ impact and profitability
- Deepen and broaden your social innovation perspectives from B Lab and B Corp leaders
- Gain confidence to inspire businesses to build stakeholder governance to reinvent capitalism
- Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to promote the awareness and acceptance of the B Corp Movement
- Develop your capability to help create positive social and environmental impact within their companies
- Join and engage with the growing B Corp community to create collective impact
B Champions course structure:
- Pre-workshop self-paced learning: questionnaire, materials reading, videos watching
- 4 half-day interactive workshops on Saturday mornings
- Assignments (during and in-between workshops): quizzes (based on the pre-workshop learning) , B Impact Assessment practices, action planning, etc
- Book reviews: A list of great B Corp related books will be recommended for deepening the knowledge.
- Visits to B Corps and Webinars by global B Corp leaders will be organized for broadening the perspectives.
Meet your course facilitators and speakers
Mr. Gilbert Lee
Co-Chair of B Lab (HK & Macau) and Principal Innovation Consultant, Education for Good CIC Ltd
Ms. Natalie Chan
Co-Chair of B Lab (HK & Macau) & Managing Director, PIE Strategy Limited (the Honouree of Best for the World™, one of the world’s top 5% performers among all Certified B Corps)
Mr. James Chan
B Impact Assessment Trainer
Co-founder and Senior Consultant, Sustainability Strategy of PIE Strategy Limited
You will also meet Guest Speakers who are leaders from B Lab and B Corps of Hong Kong and around the world
B Champions Course Details
To be confirmed
* Will be changed to online is case of Covid outbreak
*Early Bird Discount $4,250
Cantonese / English
* A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants who achieve 75% attendance and complete all the mandatory assignments.
Join us to become a B Champion!
B Champions course schedule and content:
Part I: Pre-workshop self-paced learning
Upon successful enrolment, all documents & links will be sent to the participants who are expected to use a total of around 5 hours to go through the materials at their own pace before the first workshop.
Part II: 4 half-day Interactive workshops
Why and What of B Corp Movement
- Why the world needs a more equitable and sustainable economic system and How the B Corp movement is contributing to the new economic system?
- History of B Corp Movement; Case studies of global and local B Corps
- Fireside dialogue with B Corp leaders to inspire your compelling reasons to promote B Corps
How to become a Certified B Corp
- Journey of becoming certified as a B Corp (pathways, process & milestones)
- Introduction of B Impact Assessment (BIA) – a holistic tool for B Corp certification and continuous improvement of a company’s positive social & environmental impact
- Practical tips to increase the company’s BIA performance with best practice examples
Advocating the B Corp Movement
- Reasons of acceptance and resistances encountered when promoting the B Corp concept to different business audiences (eg. shareholders & external investors, company’s top management and functional heads, staff, consumers, various business professionals such as lawyers, accountants, investment bankers)
- Discussion with B Corp advocates coming from different business audiences
- Activity: Developing a compelling B Corp narrative to pitch to your chosen audience(s)
Personal action plan to become a B Champion
- Working with a network of various stakeholders in the business ecosystem
- Picking & Partnering with key stakeholders to scale up the advocacy
- Activity 1: Presenting your personal action plan to advocate the B Corp movement to a panel composing of B Lab Directors & B Corp leaders in Hong Kong
- Activity 2: Sharing by and conversations with the panellists to optimize your personal action plan
- Next Steps: Building a strong network of B Champions for peer learning, collaboration & support, referrals & resourcing, etc
Part III: Assignments
Quizzes & practices will be administered across different slots of the workshops
*Expect to spend around 3-4 hours per assignment
- “Personal list of most inspiring B Corps and Why“ between Workshop 1 & 2
- “B Impact Assessment practice for the chosen company” between Workshop 2 & 3
- “Personal B Champion action planning” between Workshop 3 & 4
Part IV: Book reviews (self-paced):
The list of books will be sent out upon successful enrolment. Regular B Book Club sessions to discuss key takeaways and actionable insights will be organized in the future within the B Corp community.
Part V: Visits & Webinars
Logistics are being organized and details will be sent out before the first workshop.